- 1 can (20 oz) green jackfruit
- 3 small potatoes
- 1 carrot, cut in small pieces
- 1/4 cup lentils
- 1 can (15 oz) garbanzo beans
- 1/2 cup frozen green peas
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp cardamom
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- a pinch of salt
- a pinch of pepper
- 2 tbsp oat flour (you can finely grind rolled oats in a blender or food processor)
- 1 tbsp ground flax seeds
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tbsp bbq sauce (vegan)
In a skillet, sauté over medium heat the jackfruit with the bbq sauce for about 10 minutes. Use a fork to shred it a bit while it’s cooking.
In a pot, add the jackfruit, potatoes, carrot, and lentils. Cover with boiling water and let it cook over medium heat for about 20 minutes.
Add the garbanzo beans, green peas and all the spices (but the garlic clove and flax seeds), and let it cook for another 5 minutes.
Turn off the stove and add the garlic and flax seeds, and mix together.