- 3 cups of peeled chopped pumpkin
- 1 zucchini peeled and chopped
- 1 sweet potato peeled and diced
- 1/2 red onion sliced
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 tsp pumpkin spice (optional, for a stronger pumpkin flavor)
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp cumin
- a pinch of black pepper
- 1 tsp flaxseed oil (or extra virgin olive oil)
- a pinch of salt
- a drizzle of flaxseed oil (or extra virgin olive oil)
- pumpkin seeds
- hemp seeds
In a pot, add the pumpkin, zucchini, sweet potato, and onion. Cook and stir the vegetables on medium heat for about 10 minutes.
Cover the vegetables with boiling water and let them cook over low heat for about 40 minutes.
Add all the veggies, with the raw garlic, spices, and the tsp of flaxseed oil in a blender and add 1/3 cup of the remaining water used to boil the vegetables. Blend until smooth.
Add the toppings and serve.
You can freeze or store the remaining water as veggie broth. You can store the soup in the fridge for 5 days.